GO 21 Report - Ecuador
The Ecuadorian Evangelical Fellowship, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, changed strategy to motivate pastors and leaders of evangelical churches who in past years actively participated in evangelism promoted by Global Evangelism.
For this purpose we carried out the following activities:
- The president of the Ecuadorian Evangelical Confraternity (C.E.E.), Pr. Estuardo López was interviewed on the television channel, Asoma Visión. In the interview, he called on Christians of the country to evangelize in the month of May with creative initiatives presenting Christ as Lord and Savior, using various means such as telephone and social networks, to reach family, friends, neighbors, co-workers who still do not know Christ as their Lord and Savior. In this interview, he expressed to the audience the commitment we have as individual Christians and as churches to evangelize not only in the month of May, but at all times practicing evangelism as a way of life.
- In April and May, the promotional video for Evangelismo Global was broadcast on Asoma Visión.
- The Ecuadorian Evangelical Fellowship organized a virtual forum, "Challenges of Evangelism for the GO Decade", in which more than 200 pastors and leaders participated. The speakers of this forum were these pastors: Rev. Rigoberto Vega, Director of Global Evangelism for Latin America, and Rev. David Noboa, Ecuadorian evangelist representing several national ministries.
- The president of the E.C.E. encouraged forum participants to participate with their churches, denominations, and evangelical organizations in Global Outreach Day and indicated that as C.E.E., we can facilitate evangelistic outreaches.
- In several virtual meetings, the Ecuadorian Evangelical Fellowship invited the pastors and leaders participating to carry out, according to their availability, training sessions to equip believers for evangelism during the month of May. More than 1,500 pastors and leaders connected through virtual meetings.
In this year, due to the restrictions from the pandemic, the churches could not have their face-to-face activities, which prevented that as Ecuadorian Evangelical Fraternity trains pastors, leaders and members of the churches to evangelize, nor could joint efforts be made with other organizations that were ready to collaborate with the C.E.E. in training.
Unfortunately for the economic situation that the Evangelical Brotherhood is going through, it does not have the necessary funds to visit the pastoral networks of various cities to promote Evangelismo Global. In addition, this year we did not have the contribution of the Go Movement. The situation we are living in Ecuador did not allow us to collect more data from churches, denominations, and organizations that have carried out various evangelization activities.
The Ecuador Bible Foundation (International Bible Society), through Brother Pablo Del Salto, delivered Bibles in different cities of the country it had teams trained to evangelize.
In the city of Cuenca, the Tree of Life church in association with a foundation, organized a medical corps serving more than 1,000 people who were evangelized by the team. In this campaign, 900 people gave their lives to Christ by accepting him as their Lord and Savior.
In the city of Machala, in the neighborhood Gonzales, Rubio Pr. Miguel Velasquez, president of the pastors of this city, gave refreshments to the poor children of the neighborhood, and preached to them the message of salvation in Christ Jesus.
Here Pastor Miguel Velásquez, praying for the sick and relatives who are hospitalized in the Teófilo Dávila Hospital in the city of Machala, also gave them a snack while they waited for the medical results. He also encouraged and gave them hope by sharing the Word of God.
We trust that God will allow us to advance the evangelism activities in Ecuador next year with the support of the GO Movement.
Submitted by andrea.guachalla
08/20/2021 | 14:00 PM