Back to Church Sunday
An evangelistic opportunity for every believer and church.
Imagine every believer actively connecting people to their church communuty.
Back to Church Sunday is a special day to:
- To encourage people visit a church community
- For believers to play their part by inviting/bringing someone to church.
- To see your church grow in numbers.
- To make an impact in your church and community.
Millions have stopped going to church, but 82% of unchurched people are open to coming to a local Christian community if invited by a friend.
let’s take the opportunity
Reasons to use the BTCS approach
- It’s a simple and effective way for any size church to grow.
- It’s adjustable to fit any culture and community.
- It’s an empowering faith-sharing and disciple-making activity.
- It has the potential to catalyze a lifestyle of evangelism.
- It’s founded in scripture (Heb 10:24-25, Luke 14:23)
We therefore recommend the BTCS approach as part of your yearly programing.
Make BTCS your own
- Pick a name suitable for your audience. I.e. Back to Church Sunday, Friends Sunday, Come to Church Sunday, or whatever fits.
- Pick a date fitting your community and yearly agenda.I.e. 3rd Sunday in September or another date.
“How to DO it”-Example
- Before: Prayer, equipping, promotion, and follow-up materials.
- During: Invite/bring people to a service with an evangelistic focus.
- After: Connect and follow-up with visitors in a meaningful way.
A simple guide:
- Pray for people you know, are not connected to a church.
- Connect with them and invite them into your church community.
- Bring them to church and connect them to God in fellowship.
What can you do to bring at least one person?
Everyone can bring someone. Let‘s GO!
Celebrate what God is doing
- Share your results with your church.
- Share best practices with other Christians and churches.
- Share testimonies on social media.
- Share your experiences and testimonies with us.